Posted by Matukewicz Furniture | November 21, 2014
Frequently Asked Questions
Most Common Questions
Will my TV fit in your TV Lift, even if it’s a curved panel TV?
- Our TV Lifts can be designed to fit any model flat panel TV you have, the size of the cabinet will be determined by the size of the TV. So if you’re the proud owner of a 120” TV, go ahead and contact us and we can give you the cabinet dimensions for that size TV so you can make sure you have enough room before we begin the build.
If you own a curved panel TV we can even lift one of those, however, due to the space limitations, we do not offer the swivel or the articulating arm option for curved panel TVs.
What is the difference between your TV Lifts and other TV Lifts online?
- Other TV Lifts still use the original design concept of lifting your TV by pushing the TV up from the middle using a telescoping arm with a single motor. Our engineers have designed a lift system that reduces the strain on the mechanics by moving away from the telescoping lift concept. Our patent pending custom designed lift system is built to outlast any other TV Lift on the market done so by building the mechanics into the frame your cabinet surrounds. Our system offers you stability and longevity you won’t find anywhere else, period.
What determines the cost of your TV Lifts?
- We’ve based the cost of our basic TV Lift mechanism off the current market value, making our product pricing very competitive. If other reputable TV Lift providers actually displayed the cost of their products online you would see we’re priced similarly while offering you a no assembly required product. Sure you can find TV Lift mechanisms on eBay for around $1000, but you’re getting a vastly inferior and cheaply made product.
The cost of our TV Lifts will go up based on the style of the cabinet itself. Basically you’re getting two products in one. We offer you the #1 lift system in the world, plus a beautifully handcrafted cabinet for it to rest in.
Are your TV Lift systems safe for my kids?
- Yes. All of our TV Lifts are designed with a safety first mentality. We all here at Matukewicz Furniture have little ones at home so we know kids will get into everything if given the chance. Pinch points are on the top of the cabinet way out of any toddlers reach, and the top of the TV case rests on the top and is not attached allowing the top to lift off if anything catches in the edge of the TV Lift opening.
Not only do we protect your kids from the TV Lift, we also can protect your TV from your kids. We offer a custom fitted plexi glass TV screen shield to help protect your TV from random flying toys, or video game rage quits.
Another great feature unique to our TV Lift design, is that since your TV rests inside its own case that runs flush with the opening, things cannot fall into the lift so easily thus adding a level of protection for the mechanics inside.
Can I accidentally damage my TV Lift?
- Sensors prevent the lift from engaging when the articulating arm isn’t locked back where belongs, or if the swivel isn’t back in its original position. Kids also love buttons, and watching our lift go up and down so we’ve even added an overheat sensor to prevent any damage to the mechanics of the lift in case someone get a little button happy. If this happens just let your TV Lift rest a few minutes and you’ll be back to normal.
Your TV Lifts are motorized, do you offer motorized swivels and articulating arms?
- Yes we do offer full motorization of the swivel motion and the articulating arm, however, these option are not generally requested and thus will increase the cost of the television lift dramatically.
Will I have enough space for my TV Lift?
- Our TV Lifts are based on the size of the TV itself. Each cabinet product page has a close estimate of the final size based on the TV size you select. We will also provide final measurements of the cabinet so that you can ensure your space will be ready before your completely assembled TV Lift arrives. If you’re concerned about the amount of space you have to work with, contact us and we can work with you to ensure everything will fit perfect.
How fast is your lift mechanism?
- The fastest. A lot of other TV Lift providers claim they have the fastest TV Lift and that’s simply not true, just ask them to provide a stopwatch video and then compare it to our speed test… Since our design reduces the load that other TV Lifts have to deal with pushing the TV Lift up from the middle, we can achieve a staggering 3 inches of lift per second.
How quiet is your lift mechanism?
- Our TV Lift system was designed by engineers who share a desire to take something that needs improved and don’t stop until it’s perfect. For the past 15 years we’ve made the quickest and the quietest TV Lift on the market today, check out our sound demo below. Many other TV Lift providers don’t even attempt to silence their motors making any foot of the bed TV Lifts a rude awakening for anyone sleeping in the room. Designed with you in mind.
How heavy are your TV Lifts and are they easily moved in case I want to rearrange my space?
- The average weight of our smallest cabinet is around 400lbs and the average weight of our largest cabinet is 1500lbs. Of course these weights are also determined by the TV, some TVs are heavy like outdoor weatherproof TVs, and some of the most expensive TVs can be light as a feather. Every cabinet has felt attached to the four corners on the bottom which makes moving it around a bit easier especially on hardwood floors, but you still might want to have a little help if you’re rearranging your room. The plus side to a heavy cabinet means it won’t be tipping forward anytime soon.
If the TV goes out or I want a new one, can I change it?
- Sure it’s possible to change your TV, it’s easy if you know what you’re doing, if not it might be a challenge, you’ll definitely need a ladder and a few friends to help. This is why we offer complimentary TV installation at the time of purchase, we want you to enjoy your TV Lift without any extra work.
Can I connect all of my components easily?
- Yes. All of your components can easily be connected to the TV Lift. Our pre-installed cable package includes 3 HDMI (Latest Standard) cables, 1 optical cable, 1 coaxial cable, and 1 Ethernet cable. This is more than enough for the average tech guru to connect all of their components, but if you need more things connected, there are four removable access panels on the back and easily accessible “mouse holes” to ninja your cables throughout the cabinet. Even the Igus Chain Cord Management system is accessible through the back access panels allowing you to protected your added cords along with the pre-installed ones.
Do your cabinets anchor to the wall?
- Not all of our cabinets anchor to the wall. A few of our low profile cabinets are designed to appear to be floating off the ground so those specific cabinets will come with an industrial strength bolting system so you can fasten the whole unit to the wall. If you require any wall or ceiling mounting for your TV Lift feel free to contact us and we’ll discuss your options. If tipping safety is a concern, our lightest cabinet averages around 400lbs.
Do you have a showroom?
- Yes, our showroom is in the front of our manufacturing facility located in Tulsa, OK. Examples of our TV Lifts can be seen here. Normal showroom hours are weekdays from 8am-5pm CST, but we are typically on site at other times as well. If you’d like to stop by in the evening or on the weekend, just contact us to set up an appointment.
I saw a piece of furniture in a store, but it was too expensive. Can you build it for less money?
- In general, custom manufacturing is more expensive than mass production. Occasionally, we can give a better price if you choose less expensive materials.
Are Matukewicz Furniture products made by hand or machines?
- Both. We use CNC machines for much of our cutting and carving. The building process, however, such as joinery and finishing touches, are all done by hand. This increases the manufacturing quality and allows for more creative options.
What types of materials do you work with?
- We work mostly with wood, metal, motors, granite, stone, and glass.
What types of woods do you use?
- The most common woods that we use are cherry, mahogany, maple, oak, pine, poplar, teak, and walnut. If there is another wood that you’d like to use just let us know and we’ll order it for you. We also use veneers; these are typically chosen for more exotic wood types such as babinga, burl, rosewood, zebrawood, etc.
Aren’t veneers lower quality?
- No. Veneer is not lower quality. In fact, some of the most expensive furniture is made using veneers. Veneer is cut thin from lumber and then attached to a solid base. Veneers are cut in a precise way to show the beautiful patterns in wood grain.
Can I get wood samples?
- Yes. If you live near our facility you can view samples in person at our shop. If you live further away, or would prefer that samples be mailed to you, we may charge a minimal shipping fee.
What kind of finish do you use?
- We can create just about any finish, natural or stained. We use a hardened topcoat specific to the final application of the product, and sheen level can range from very low to very high (glass-like shine), depending on the client’s preference.
Can you match the color of my existing furniture?
- If we see your furniture in person (or you send us a sample of it), we can usually match it very close. Matching via a photograph is not 100% guaranteed, but we will always do our best to match your existing furniture.
What type of remote control is used for the TV Lifts?
- Matukewicz Furniture TV Lift systems have options to be controlled by a smart phone, a tablet, personal home automation systems, and/or a universal remote. An on-board activation switch is included as well. Infrared remote controls are not used for outdoor TV Lifts due to the sunlight that interferes and can sometimes damage the sensor.
What if my TV Lift stops working, what do I do?
- Don’t panic! There are a few things you can troubleshoot before contacting us. Fist make sure your TV lift is properly plugged in and receiving power. Next step, make sure your remote isn’t the cause of the problem, test the on board button to see if it engages the lift. If that doesn’t work, try holding the button in. Another cause of the lift to stop working is the overheat sensor installed triggering. If the lift was activated too many times back to back it will shut itself down to prevent any damage. Let your TV Lift rest for a solid 30 minutes and then test it after letting its safety cycle end. Feel free to contact us at anytime, and we can get your TV Lift up and running again in no time.
How do I place an order?
- Simply call us to place an order. Our customer service team is available M-F 8am to 4:30pm CST. (918) 270-4714. Of you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll reply as soon as possible.
How long does it take to complete an order?
- It depends on the size and complexity of the project, how many other projects we’re working on, and if you’ve requested a rush order. On average, it takes about 6-12 weeks. Sometimes a rush order may be completed in a few days, and complex or large orders may take longer. Our basic TV Lift mechanisms takes about 3-6 weeks to complete since we are not building the cabinet around the TV Lift. Feel free to contact us at any time to find out what our current lead time is.
Does Matukewicz Furniture offer a warranty or return policy?
- We do offer a warranty on motorized components within the furniture (as long as it is due to defection and not abuse or normal wear and tear). For the furniture itself, if for some reason you are unhappy with your order, contact us, to explore your options.
What type of payments do you accept?
- We accept Paypal, cash, check, money order, and all major credit cards.
What if I’m interested in a custom piece that’s unlike anything on the website?
- Matukewicz Furniture specializes in one-of-a-kind custom pieces. Many of our orders are something we’ve never built before. Just let us know what you’re interested in and we’ll let you know if we can build it.
Can your cabinets be customized?
- Yes all of our cabinets can be fully customized; this piece of furniture will be a part of your home or office for years to come so we want you to be 100% completely satisfied with the end result. Contact us and our design team will work with you to build the perfect TV Lift cabinet.
Can the cabinet be finished different than shown?
- Yes all of our TV Lift cabinets can look exactly how you want it to look. We offer more than the finishes and colors listed on our website, those listed are the most commonly requested finishes. If you have a specific look in mind, contact us and we’ll put our design team to work.
How will the furniture be delivered?
- If you live in or around Oklahoma, we usually deliver the furniture to you personally. If the delivery is more than 300 miles outside of Oklahoma, we may use a shipping service, but we do ensure that the furniture is crated, wrapped, and secured. White glove delivery is available for an additional fee. Personal delivery and set-up anywhere in the U.S. is always an option for an additional fee. Just contact us!
Will my shipped cabinet arrive damage free?
- Yes. We ensure all of our hard work won’t be ruined by any shipping company. We build a custom fitted shipping crate and pad the TV Lift inside as much as possible. We can boast we’ve had a perfect shipping record to date.
Do you ship to my country?
- Yes. We ship worldwide. Please contact us for details.
What do I do if my TV Lift never arrived?
- Feel free to contact us if your cabinet hasn’t arrived within the time frame we gave you. We’ll be making sure on our end that your TV Lift arrives at its destination after we ship it out.